Top Specialty Schools
The Global Language Monitor included specialty schools for the fall 2009 rankings, such as Art, Business, Design, Music and Engineering schools, as well as online and for-profit universities.
All specialty schools were included in the College category with the exception of the online university and for-profit universities, which was assigned to the University category.
Best of Class (BOC) Among the specialty schools:
• The Top Business school was Babson College was the Top Business (67 overall, college).
• The Top Art and Design schools were Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) (27 overall, college), Pratt Institute (28 overall, college), and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (47 overall, college).
• The Top Engineering school was The Cooper Union (38 overall, college).
• The Top Music Schools were the Juilliard School (50 overall, college), the New England
Conservatory of Music (96 overall, college), and Berklee College (99 overall, college).
• The Top Online University was the University of Phoenix, USA (37 overall, university).
• The Top Christian was Wheaton College, IL (16 overall, college).
• The Top Military Academies were the United States Naval Academy (20 overall, college), Virginia Military Institute (40 overall, college), the United States Military Academy (48 overall, college), The Citadel, SC (54 overall, university) and the United States Air Force Academy (61 overall, college).
Best of Class (BOC) among Colleges and Universities:
• Top University was University of Michigan
• Top College was Wellesley College
• Debuting on any list at Highest Rank: Eugene Lang College of New School University
To buy the complete 73-page analysis, click here.